Tuesday 22 April 2008

Daycare centres

Pyper has been going to day care twice a week on a part time basis for just on 3 weeks now, and although this is great, I wonder sometimes how they treat her?

It's not as if they can tell you at the end of the day "Daddy that lady was mean to me ..." so I guess you have to just trust your judgement and hope that they really are being nice, and everything is being taken care of!! So I found myself thinking "hmm I'm not sure this place is for her, maybe she should just stay at home with me? Does she get anything out of it? Do I get anything out of it?"

Then it struck me that the one thing that I was resisting was the one thing that I wanted for her – being able to interact with other children. I felt a little selfish. Like, why would I pay all that money to then not trust the process. ... read more >>

No comments: