Friday 25 January 2008

Mea Culpa

Mea Culpa

I know, I know, I was Army. A soldier. But, intitially, I wanted to be a Marine. It was just that there wasn't any Navy ROTC in Pittsburgh back when I joined up, and the Army wouldn't let me switch services once there was a Navy program in town. Effin' cold war BS is what it was.

Yeah, I wanted to be a Marine fighter pilot. I ended up an Army attack helicopter pilot. Fine by me, in retrospect, since it turned out me and the military weren't a match made in heaven (too many rules, too many rules nazis). Still glad I did it, though, and would do it over, again, in a heartbeat (given the proper time travel scenarios, that is).

Still, the Marines make the best commercials:



"Be all you can be." ? "An Army of one." ? I dunno, "The Few, the Proud, the Marines" always makes me swell with pride we have such a force. And, on occasion, regret that I couldnt' get out of my Army commitment and into the Marines.

Plus, they have way cooler (dress) uniforms.

William Young


Source: http://williamyoung.blogspot.com/2008/01/mea-culpa.html
--
To unsubscribe from this feed, click here
To manage other subscriptions, click here
~
Powered by RssFwd, a service of Blue Sky Factory, Inc

No comments: