Thursday 31 January 2008

Missing!

This is a great real life story from www.claresdad.blogspot.com

No matter how hard we try, Clare and I are always running late in the morning. I rush her to get dressed, eat her breakfast, brush her teeth, and get her coat on so we can get to the bus stop on time. I've timed it down to the minute. If we're out by 6:58, we're okay. If it's 6:59, we have to run. If it's 7:00, we're risking missing the bus.

At 6:58 this morning, Clare was still in the bathroom brushing her teeth. I hate making her rush through tooth brushing, but sometimes I have to.

"Clare! It's getting late! We have to leave NOW!" I yelled into the bathroom.

"Daddy, I need help!" she yelled back.

Great, I thought, something's gone wrong and it's gonna throw off the whole schedule.

"What is it?" I asked walking into the bathroom.

Clare pointed at the sink. ... read more >>

No comments: