Tuesday 4 March 2008

Chat

I was sitting at the dining room table with Alleke on one knee and my laptop in front of me. I was typing messages to my friend Samuel about visiting him in Sevilla in May.

Alleke leaned forward and studied the keyboard. She flapped her arms, dropped her toy on the floor, and reached for the keyboard for the third time.

I pushed the laptop back into the center of the table. I sighed.

I turned Alleke on my knee and looked at her. She stuck out her tongue and reached for my nose.

I smiled. I had an idea.

I pulled the laptop back to the edge of the table and typed a few more lines.

"Alleke wants to say hi," I typed. "Hold on."

I sat back. Alleke looked at the keyboard for a moment, then leaned forward and reached for it again. I pulled her closer, and she carefully and deliberately pressed both hands into the keys, squealing with delight.

I looked at the screen.

It said, ": :t;;5wb crg" ... read more >>

No comments: