Saturday 1 March 2008

Podcast - Eric Anderson

A Podcast hosted on International Dad featuring show hosts Scott Lancaster and co-hosts Eric Mooij and Stefan Korn from DIYFather.com.

Today guest on DIY Father is Author Eric Anderson.



Author Eric Anderson knew what he was looking for and knew he wasn't finding it. The new father was searching through a local bookstore for stories about fathers and daughters and was disappointed by the lack of books portraying those relationships. Anderson realized that if he wanted to read such a story to his daughter, he was going to have to write it himself. So that's exactly what he did.

"The humorous books tend to depict fathers as bumbling figures and the sentimental books tend to mythologize the role of the father. I felt neither bumbling nor God-like, so I decided to write about what the relationship means to me," said Anderson, a busy writer and director who lives in River Forest, Illinois with his wife and daughter. "Of course, I needed a story to write about first…"

Anderson recalls the day he had the idea for the book. "I was carrying Alena back from another fruitless visit to the bookstore. I was holding her close, and she smiled at me and it brought tears to my eyes. I remember feeling 'that smile is the greatest thing I've ever seen.'" ... read more >>

No comments: