Monday 11 February 2008

Flu Shot Adventure

Flu shots are usually pretty simple. A few seconds and they don't even know what hit 'em. For Thing 2, two and a half years old, it was an adventure this year.

I took him to the doctor's office (Suburban Daddy is assigned all doctor visits where shots will be given) on a Monday afternoon to get the shot. Quick and not so painless, but it was over in a few minutes. Then we went out for a cookie at Starbucks and he forgot all about it.

The next day, I received the call from preschool around 10am. He was running a 101 degree fever which normally means he needs to go home. I mentioned that he had a flu shot the day before, and they said if I get a note from the doctor saying he wasn't contagious, he could stay. A flu shot normally causes a low fever for a day or so. I called the doctor and asked them to fax a note over to the preschool. It's all good. ... read more >>

No comments: