Monday 18 February 2008

Story Time with Zoë - Volume 2

Last week's initial offering of Story Time with Zoë was a resounding success. Dr. Seuss is an all-time favorite of mine and Green Eggs and Ham still ranks as one of my top choices. All of my kids seem to like his works and I find that the rhyming and meter of his stories lends itself to not only an engaging active listen but also encouraging early reading. It helps that the stories are fun, timeless and bring to mind some of my most fond childhood memories. We could read a Seuss book every day and scarcely grow tired of the story. It is pure joy to be able to pass that on to my children.

This week's story also reminds me of my youth, of times when what was going on in the world around me didn't matter because there was a little place nothing short of utopia deep within the heart of the city. A place where I could lose myself and become a part of someone else's wonderful world learning to read, count and bang a drum like an animal. Wait, animal was a Muppet. Anyway, I'm talking about Sesame Street. Good times! ... read more >>

No comments: