Wednesday 13 February 2008

My first Valentine's Day as a dad

14 February 2008 - my first Valentine's Day as a dad. What does it feel like? IT SUCKS just like all the years before. V-Day has got to be the corniest day ever. For the last 6 weeks or so I had to put up with major obstructions in the form of red hearts and Valentine's Card stands in just about every shop in town. Worse still, I had to read, listen to or sit through constant reminders or ads that I'll be sleeping in the dog house should I DARE forget have a card/gift/special plan for my partner on V-Day.

Fortunately I am blessed with a wife who sees through all the corniness and who doesn't expect any kind of special treatment today. I'm also a firm believer of "Random Romance" and would give my wife flowers, gifts, cards or a special treat whenever I feel like it or when an opportunity presents itself. ... read more >>

No comments: